Monday, November 17, 2008

Balboa study


Oil on linenboard
6x8
NFS

This is a small study done in a workshop I took last weekend with Greg LaRock in the Laguna area. It was an excellent workshop in plein air painting. This study had to do with maintaining the value masses. The workshop was a pleasure, well organized, lots of info and did I mention the sun? So nice as we head into winter this week.
The weekend ended with a visit to the William Wendt show at the Laguna Art Gallery that was fantastic. Seeing the composition and brushstokes up close was amazing.
It's been a busy couple of weeks as our painting group had taken a trip to Calgary the weekend before to do a workshop with Doug Swinton and watch a demo by Jerry Markham. It was also wonderful so my head is a bit swimming with new information. All the packing and unpacking left me with little time to paint, never mind post but I'm happy to be back at it now.

1 comment:

Karen Appleton said...

Hi Tracey, your talent for capturing the feel of the landscape is fantastic! I am excited to see your blog and I am looking forward to seeing more of your paintings!