Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jamaica Mystery Bird


Exercise
16 x 20 Canvas Pad
This month I have committed myself to painting an exercise or study every day so practise is taking precedence over painting finished paintings. I remember a few years ago reading Craig Nelson's book 60 Minutes to Better Painting and thinking it was impossible. Now I think it is essential. I'm determined to keep at it and although it's only been a few weeks, I'm seeing improvements. For one thing, I am seeing a difference in how I approach the easel. I'm taking notes after each one about what I did right and what I need to focus on next time. I'm lucky to have some wonderful friends who give great critiques but I was wanting to develop that skill further myself.
If anyone is able to recognize this bird from my painting I'd love to know. He seemed to be such a character with his long neck(longer than I have it) and cocked head.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One can hardly not improve with such a committed approach to the easel.
Kudos to you for your dedication.