Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stuffed Ducky


8x8 Oil on Board
About once a week a group of friends get together to paint for a few hours. In the summer we paint outside but in the winter in Edmonton it's usually inside. We paint from life whenever possible and treat the paintings as exercise and learning along with a dose of laughter and serendipity.
My little colour studies, in protest of the cold temperatures, seem to have sparked an interest in a little children's series. This wee duck is one of a few stuffed things I would haul out every spring when the boys were little and this year painting them seemed like fun.
I got my new issue of Canadian Brushstrokes online magazine the other day and thought I would pass the word. This is a great magazine and the subscription is free, what more could we ask for in these times! Hope you enjoy!
http://www.brushstrokemagazine.com/issues.html

No comments: