Monday, March 22, 2010

5 Sheds near Okotoks



Oil on 24x24 Gallery Canvas

I came across these sheds as I was coming back from a workshop at the Leighton Centre last year. It seems to be a common thing to have 5 red sheds and I love the feeling these simple farm buildings evoke in me. My grandfather homesteaded in Saskatchewan and I've heard so many stories about the challenges of building a life from bare land.
Linny D. Vine found she had the same feeling about grain elevators and from her west coast studio she paints the most wonderful serendipitous elevators interspersed with the coast scenes you would expect.
This painting is now available as it will now be painted in a large horizontal format for the collector. If you have any interest, please drop me a line.

4 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I like this piece. It makes me want to get in the car and drive through the rural areas.

Tracey Mardon said...

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! The sight sure stopped me in my tracks as I came over the hill. Very W.O. Mitchell'ish

Linny D. Vine said...

This is such fun, Tracey! (Thank-you for the mention.)

Unknown said...

I'm smitten with this painting. The straight lines of the road, fields and sheds just seem to draw you down the road.....Bren