Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Portrait Exercises


Exercise 16X20 Canvas Paper


This quick study and the one below were both done in 1 1/2 hr. I discovered this week that there is a consistency to when I start to lose concentration and begin to fiddle. That probably explains why I'm rarely happy with what I do in a workshop setting. It's likely even earlier with distractions. What I like about this one is that I feel I captured her look. She always has a big smile. And I like that I let myself just scumble on the fur trim. What I will work on is getting a better first layer of skin tone(better puddles) and check for proportion. Her smile is a little wider.





Exercise 16X20 Canvas Pad


This was the first of the two studies. I realized I got her skin tones really dark. Also the shape of her arm overall is pretty close but I shadowed it more like an adult arm. So...skin tones and shadow next time.

No comments: