Thursday, May 21, 2009

Salisbury Geese


8x10 Oil on Linen Board
This pair of geese greeted me outside Salisbury Greenhouse when I was there a few weeks ago. I watched them for a few minutes until this fellow gave me the distinct impression he'd like me to give his partner some space. The lady in the store told me they are resident at the greenhouse and they mate for life. It made me think about new beginnings and all kinds of sappy stuff. And yes for my coast friends, I haven't forgotten they're a beach menace but we don't have so many here so it's easy to forget.
This was in our brief spring interlude before we were vaulted back into winter for awhile. They say it will warm up sometime in 2009!

3 comments:

r garriott said...

Marvelous geese! You've really captured their expressive stance. Thanks for the fun story that goes with.

Tracey Mardon said...

Thanks r, I'm so glad you left the comment as I came across your other blogs. I recently found your photoshop tips and it's amazing. Glad you like them!

Laurel Daniel said...

These geese are gorgeous... I particularly love the tail feathers of the one in back. You painted them simply, accurately and expressively. So nice.