Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Red Barn Near Barriere


5x7 Oil on Canvas

I loved how this little farm was nestled at the base of this
hillside. It's also fairly near the river so these huge willows
grow everywhere. I'm beginning to see a pattern in the
buildings I'm drawn to. There is something about a barn
that I can't resist. Maybe it's the family stories about the
challenges of homesteading or maybe it's the memory of
my cousin's barn. She had the biggest reddest barn I have
ever seen. Tragically it burned to the ground a few years
ago and the are just too expensive to replace now.
I wonder if the nostalgia would be as strong if I weren't a
city girl?

2 comments:

Terry Elrod said...

A wonderful, atmospheric painting, Tracey. And a lovely part of the province. I hope to camp and paint out there, perhaps next summer.

Tracey Mardon said...

Thanks Terry,
Hopefully the stars will align and we can paint some barns nearer home. May should be better for all.
Tracey