Friday, January 21, 2011

Warm Snow-Journal



Acrylic on Acid Free Journal $45.00

Serendipity is a wonderful thing. In Oct. I took a great workshop with Mike Svob using either oil or acrylic. It made me want to get more comfortable with the acrylic paint I had and I had quite a few of these journals so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to work with the acrylics in a way that was playful and low stress, no limitations of palette or theme. It's been good fun and they seem to be selling themselves but now I need to get a few large oils done for a deadline. This scene was inspired by a timely note in Doug Swinton's newsletter reminding us that snow is warm as it moves back. I guess I got so caught up in how much there was to shovel....

2 comments:

Terry Elrod said...

Your journal covers were absolutely fabulous, Tracey. Can't wait to see what you paint for the upcoming show!

Tracy Szekely said...

Tracey, this is really lovely. Like Terry, I cannot wait to see your upcoming paintings.