Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring has sprung


Necessity being the mother of invention; this little painting covers the old front door bell. We had to change our door bell last year but people weren't seeing the new one so I covered the old one with this little painting. Worked like a charm!




A sure sign of Spring in Edmonton is when the jackrabbits coats turn brown. This is the first time I've seen our resident "bunny" with it's spring coat. A week ago it was pure white, 'course a week ago, we still had snow. A couple of days ago Faye Christian Phillips posted a little painting of the bunny in her yard and she inspired me as always.
It is just lovely and I can hardly wait to get outside to paint and garden.

3 comments:

FCP said...

Thanks, Tracy--the bunnies ARE a wonderful symbol of spring, aren't they? I had no idea that the jack rabbits fur changes color though--how interesting.
keep up the great work,
Faye

Tracey Mardon said...

Hi Faye:
I didn't either until the second year we lived here and I suddenly had the brain wave that they had changed or there were two types. We didn't have them on the west coast, they are just indigenous to the flatland area of the prairie.
I can hardly wait to see your next magnolia post. We did have those on the coast and I love them!
Tracey

Tracey Mardon said...

Hi Dyanna, I'm glad you found me. Your photos are amazing! And what a coincidence that your animal is the rabbit! I'll be checking yours as well.
Thanks
Tracey